Tuesday, December 04, 2007

So, I was reminded that it has been about six months since I have posted on my blog. I suppose that it is high time I updated this thing.
First, let me remind anyone who reads this that my life is pretty boring, but I suppose no one thinks their life is spectacular. I am teaching fourth grade at a small private school, which has its perks, but also has its drawbacks. One of the perks is some of the ridiculous things that come out of the mouths of these nine- and ten-year olds. For example, one of my students was out sick for a few days. When they returned to class they politely informed me that they may ask to go to the bathroom frequently because they had been sick with "the diarrhea" and may still have a little. How do you not laugh at a student like that. My students also know that I used to live in Germany, but can't figure out that I wasn't born there (in fact, I was born about three miles from where the school is). They have asked me, repeatedly, how I speak English so well if I am a German. (My Jewish grandmother gets a kick out of that!)
Hmm, so life outside of work is great. I spend most of my time reading, because, yes, I am a nerd like that. I also am involved in small group, bible study, Thursday night "book" club (substitute "favorite alcoholic beverage" for "book"), and Starbucks coffee night (where only a few of us actually drink the coffee), oh yeah, and "cigar club" where I don't smoke but just hang out.
I think I am finally realizing that there are quite a few people in L-land worth knowing. When I stop and think about it life may be boring, but I really do enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home